Thursday, July 26, 2007

Shirley

Shirley
Shirley, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

This shot is one I'd meant to take all that week, and represents the 19th of July in the DVD Forums Photo a Day for July Challenge. The person in it is my friend Shirley, who finished work with us in that week, moving on to what I hope will be better things for her.

This is the frame I like best out of the five I took, as I think it shows her character better than any.

Lunacy
Lunacy, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

You have no idea how much I wish I'd spotted this on the 18th, instead of the 20th. Still, even though I have no EXIF, I'm not about to cheat, and that probity places this image of the Cornerhouse's sign as the photo for 20th July. I've no doubt a degree of lunacy was beginning to set in for all of us at this point, with pictures being seen wherever we looked...

Flower
Flower, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

Lastly, here's my image for the 21st. As has become par for this PaD, it belted down all day, so I put the close up filter on the 50mm, and wandered the garden looking for likely subjects.

This flower was the one I liked best from the frames I took.

In terms of shooting for today, rain and an office move kept me from accumulating too much, although I'm hopeful of a good shot from the two(!) I managed to take, both on the FE, leaving my frame counters at 18 a piece.

I'm away from my computer for a couple of weeks now, so I won't post anything else for a while. Those of you participating in the PaD, keep going - I will be, and flickrites, I hope to catch up on my commenting &c in a couple of weeks.

No comments: