Friday, July 13, 2007

A Figure on the Quay

A Figure on the Quay
A Figure on the Quay, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

That figure being my daughter, as it goes...

This part of New Quay is just along the beach, by the Lifeboat Station - I have several frames of chains and texture filled concrete, at least partly because I had an inkling of just how good it would look on this Adox film.

I think this is my favourite, because of the happenstance of my daughter straying into shot (again).

Moorings
Moorings, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

Another view of the mooring chains at New Quay, this time at the end where they're sunk into the sand. Again, the textural riches of Adox film in R09 really work for this, I think, and it's probably my favourite of today's Welsh photographs.


We finish today with two digital shots - they're very similar, I'm afraid, but both show off what an odd day this was in terms of light. These were taken prior to the ones by the quay, and as you can see, it's pretty overcast; yet down by the quay I was getting usable shutter speeds with a 25ISO film. Odd.

This is my favourite of these two shots, my wife and son looking out over the harbour. The Tokina wide angle has given the cloud more drama (as if it needed it) and I think the two figures anchor the whole composition nicely.




Incidentally, there will be no prizes for spotting the Seinfeld reference in the titles, I'm afraid.

No comments: