Tuesday, April 29, 2008
The comic's creator has a sharply observant take on both cyclists and the people they encounter - today's strip, for example;
hits a nail right on the head, as does this earlier one;
The strip does bike shop and inter-cyclist politics rather well too, capturing in particular the slightly odd feeling that missing a day's commute might be some sort of dereliction....
Well worth adding his RSS feed to your reader of choice.
Monday, April 28, 2008
A cameraphone shot, I'm afraid, but of a flapjack, so take heart.
These things power me on the commute to and from work, and are both delicious and easy to make.
The recipe is as follows, and is based on one posted by "Cathryrn" on cyclechat.co.uk;
150g 'flavourings' like dried fruit, seeds, choc chips etc. I used dessicated coconut, choc chips and dried fruit.
and sesame seeds
75g plain flour
3 tbsp golden syrup
75g brown sugar
1) Mix the oats, flour and flavouring stuff - ie dry ingredients
2) Melt butter, syrup, sugar in microwave
3) Stir into the oat mixture
4) Grease a baking tray
5) Wack it in and level. Press down firmly
6) 180 deg c for 20-25 mins. Check after 20 mins.
7) Take it out and leave it to stand until it cools!!
8) Cut into wedges whilst still ever so slightly warm
Pictured above is a jammy variant. I made these by following the recipe above, to step 3, then spooning half the mixture into the baking tray and spreading a layer of jam over it, then spooning the other half over the top and cook as per the recipe.