Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Parrog


Parrog, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

I thought we might do things in chronological order today, just for a change. This is another digital shot of the Parrog, and probably slightly more representative than the rather sparse composition I posted earlier.

I remember people working on the boats last time we were here, as you see the little group around the furthest white boat on the right doing.


In Loving Memory, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

Next are more stones from the churchyard of Saint Mary's in Newport.




Apart, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

I hope these are different enough to the previous two to make them worth uploading - I try to be fairly ruthless in selecting non duplicates (in terms of subject and themes) but genuinely thought these two worthy to follow my previous shots.




Boat, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

This shot is one of my favourites from the holiday - another shot from the area behind the Newport Yacht club at Parrog. I don't remember seeing this boat last time we were here, but the area is so rich photographically that it may well have escaped my notice.

This is Adox CHS50, developed in Adox APH09 (R09, or Rodinal Old Formula). It gives this amazingly good contrast and tonality, and a beautiful, textural grain.




In Loving Memory, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

Lastly, this is a view of Llangrannog beach, taken from the clifftop path leading up from it. The views from here are incredible, and I'm afraid you'll be seeing a lot more of them soon, even after my attempts to cut the numbers slightly.

In photo a day challenge news, we had another day of torrential rain in Manchester, which means that my frame counters stand at 21 each on the FE and F3. Set against that, I have what I hope are two excellent portraits in the bag, thanks to two gentlemen from the kitchen staff of the Font bar. These will also form part of the White Suit project I've been pursuing.

I'm always surprised and grateful when people give up their own time (they were taking a break when I asked for their participation) for this little project, and I'm hoping they'll be pleased with the prints once I drop them off.


Until tomorrow folks.

No comments: