Thursday, July 19, 2007

Hold Fast

More than You Can Chew
More than you Can Chew, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

My photo a day shots are now up to date (squarely one week behind), so you get four shots from Wales today, you lucky people.

First among them is this, a bit of debris from the beach at New Quay. I wondered about this broken net, positioned as it is near the rock. Do people try to catch rocks? Is that a good idea with such a flimsy net?

Planks
Planks, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

Here's another shot of the door featured in my last set from Wales. This is a D70 shot, and whilst it lacks the punch of the Velvia, in some ways, I wonder whether a more muted look is better suited to the gentle decay of the paint and the rust of the hinges.

Beach
Beach, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.


This piece of beach is slightly further along from the the broken net featured earlier. I liked the colours, and the way the lines in the rocks curve around into the fence restraining the rocks behind the beach.



Hold Fast
Hold Fast, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.


Lastly, here's some lovely Adox CHS 25. I took a few shots of this seaweed encrusted post, but this version on Adox' film is the one I really like, even though it amounts largely to a silhouette.

No comments: