Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Seaside, Again

Traeth Borth Beach
Traeth Borth Beach, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

This shot is the familiar (by now) one of my kids messing about on the beach. I guess one difference here is that behind you, as the viewer, and me, as the photographer, is the seating area of a rather nice pub, which is very civilised, I'm sure you'll agree.

I rather liked Borth, although the missus was unimpressed. It has a the air of a place that's seen better days, like a lot of British seaside towns, sadly. Despite that, it retains a certain charm, and the people we met there were lovely.

Aberystwyth
Aberystwyth, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

Last of today's digital shots is this one, of the Aberystwyth sea front.

Beautiful, isn't it? I really like this part of Aberystwyth, although the town itself has something of a split personality in many ways, with the feel of the place changing entirely once you cross the bridge going away from the seafront. You can get some sense of just how nice the weather was from this picture, I hope, it really was beautiful.

The End
The End, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

Here's another shot from Aberystwyth, this time a detail of a walkway that extends out into the sea from the prom. My kids loved swimming from and to this, and spent a fair amount of time doing so, when they weren't in the paddling pool up on the prom. This particular shot is another taken on Fujichrome Velvia RVP - bit blue, isn't it?

Pier
Pier, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

Lastly, at least for today's Welsh shots, is this view of Aberystwyth's pier. This is such an imposing, dominating structure that I thought it would be interesting to place it in the very side of the frame.

No comments: