Tuesday, February 22, 2011

From the Cycling Silk: Update on assault and threat to kill

I only wish that half the effort into investigating and pursuing police staff who have made a mistake, went into the investigation and pursuit of the assailant. It is of course only right that complaints against the police are taken seriously, but I am left with an uncomfortable feeling that the police involved have come off worse than the man who actually attacked me. This feeling is reinforced by the fact that, rightly, I was given the identity of the police officers involved as soon as I asked; whereas the identity of my assailant has just this moment, many weeks after my request, been revealed to me.

Do read the whole thing - it's interesting that this happens to someone used to dealing with the "system" and with a degree of clout within it - it rather makes me wonder what would happen to any of us in a similar situation. Mr. Porter also offers some commentary on the "One Show" piece in which he featured.

Posted via email from monkeyphoto's posterous

No comments: