Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Mushroom Detail #2


Mushroom Detail #2, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the roll of PanF that these mushroom shots represent the last hurrah of.

The tonality lacks the assertive contrast of HP5+ and Adox CHS50 (which is lovely in its own way) but I'd argue that it has its place, particularly in portraiture;

Daughter

Where the combination of wide aperture and PanF's tones produce a really pleasing result.

Mushroom Detail #1

My new favourite developer, Ilfotec DD-X seems to like the film too, if I'm any judge.

Bleed

If any one's wondering about the titles of the "woody" pics (or indeed this post), they're detail shots of a large carved mushroom that Mrs. Monkey bought from the Market on the Fringe in Llangollen some time ago. It makes a nice lens testing target, I think, and hopefully there's something to enjoy in the texture for the viewer.

The last shot is one that I walked past once, and couldn't get out of my mind. I'm glad I returned to commit it to film, rather than consigning it to the list of if onlys that some days seems far to long.

No comments: